Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WIP Wednesday #9


Wow it's been forever since I've done one of these posts! Since my last post of course many works in progress have crossed my lap, but I thought I'd show you what's sitting on it today. 

The pattern I'm using is Wave Stitch Blanket, except I am using Baby Coordinates yarn and a 4.25mm hook. As you can see the blanket looks a little funny right now, because it actually isn't one blanket, it's two. It turns out I had a little problem with the dye lot that I didn't notice until it was almost entirely too late. Baby Coordinates yarn so kindly tells you on the label that it there is no dye lot and you don't need to worry, except it turns out that was not true in this case. 

Turns out I had 6 balls total, 3 in one dye lot, 3 in another, and rather than having two mismatched blankets it would be better to pull out on third of the blanket and have a do over. Annoying, but necessary in this case. 

Once these two blankets are finished, one will be going to a high school friend and one will join the baby blanket stash so I can get ahead. I have a couple other colours of extra Baby Coordinates, so i have a feeling that I will be doing this pattern a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails