Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

What I Did This Weekend: Part II

Any guesses about what these fluffy things are?


A cat toy? A piece of food that's sat in your fridge a bit too long? A lost sock escaped from the depths of under the bed? Nooooo.


It's a Swiffer Duster! Another item that means no more disgusting disposable sheets for me. I am so over opening the closet door where our cleaning supplies are and seeing these nasty disposables still being saved to use "just one more time" so we aren't just throwing out money.

These can be made with any little bits and pieces you have leftover too. There's an inner tube part that's made from a tiny bit of 100% cotton yarn, but the fluffy part of it is whatever you happen to have around that's bulky. This blue is leftover from one of my little spartan's hats.

And what makes them even better is that they trap more dust and icky things than the disposable ones do.

Mmmm look at all that delicious dust:


Did I mention it's "multi-purpose" too? Check out the Fat Shae petter 2.0:


If you want one of these for yourself, check out the pattern here.

2 comments:

  1. What if I want one of them for myself but am not gifted in the ways of the yarn? Could I persuade my favorite Sarah to make me one in exchange for...something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! Catherine already emailed me about some of the other Swiffer cover things so I'll certainly make you one of these if you want. If you aren't picky about colour I have plenty of odds and ends for another.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails